SBA Fraud and Identity Theft
SBA is aware of fraud happening in regards to the EIDL program. Here are some steps you can take to report fraud and protect your credit score.
- Call 800-366-6303 and tell the operator that you believe you are a victim of fraud and your call will be routed to a special group, or,
- Fill out an online from on the Office of Inspector General website
- If a credit inquiry showed up or there is a loan you did not apply for, file a dispute with the credit reporting agency. SBA will be contacted as part of the dispute process.
- File a police report
- File a complaint with the FTC
- Consider placing a freeze on your credit report to further protect yourself
If you have questions about these steps you can contact the Minnesota District Office at email@example.com or call 612.370.2324.